Heavenfield Privacy Statement
Who we are
This website is created and administered by the author Ian G Hulme, sometimes referred to as ‘The Heavenfield’, or ‘I G Hulme Publishing’. Our website address is: https://www.heavenfield.com.Contact Address:The Heavenfield, 3 Ferry Farm Close, Naburn, York, North Yorkshire, YO19 4SA, UK
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and username
- contact information including email address
- preferences and interests
- transactional data (purchase information – physical address, phone number)
- technical data (IP address, cookie information)
What we do with the information we gather:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Display differing website content, dependant upon the visitor’s free membership level.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
HOW TO BLOCK COOKIES
You may block cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. If you do so choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or some parts of the Site.Most cookies we use are known as session cookies. These cookies will expire whenever you close your browser or shut down your computer, and such cookies need not be blocked. Other cookies used for specific purpose will expire when that purpose is no longer required.You can find out more about blocking cookies in specific browsers at www.aboutcookies.org
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
We use Google Analytics to view useage data on this website.
Who we share your data with
In order to implement some functionality of our website (such as processing orders, updating mailing lists etc.), we share site data with some third-party providers which include (but are not limited to):
- Paypal – to allow payment processing (please note – The Heavenfield website does NOT collect or store ANY of your payment details).
- Google Analytics – to view useage data on our website.
- Mailchimp – to store and administer our mailing list
- Cloudflare – our website network provider – used to speed up and secure our website delivery
- Flywheel – our website host
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets. Or, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use, Terms of Service or any other terms or agreements.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can contact us and request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. The website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits the website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or remember particular settings you have chosen for the site.A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Controlling your personal information
The copyright in the contents of this website is owned by The Heavenfield and permission must be explicitly granted for reproduction or extraction for any purpose.
All images in this website are copyright to I G Hulme, unless otherwise stated.